SEO Gap Analysis Shows Keyword Land Rush is Underway
Yes the title is over-amped but getting your business’s keywords staked out online is time-critical. SEO gap analysis shows that the keyword space (translation, available Internet real estate) is rapidly being claimed. This also means that the best ranking positions in search, meaning the first page of results, are being secured and held.
An extensive SEOMoz article SEOMOZ Beginners Guide to SEO illustrates that the first ten search results received 89.71% of all click-through traffic, with 42.25% of traffic flowing to the first ranking position. SEO gap analysis is a multi-stage activity consulting Google and Yahoo! to find your site’s comparitive strength of keywords and inbound links.
This means there is a literal Internet Keyword Land Rush underway. Sites which are ranked on the first page of search results will maintain those positions, so long as they continue proper keyword SEO. Translation: that keyword has been gobbled up, that claim has been staked.
While you are thinking about it, click for a Free Consultation from Brandwranglers on this and related topics. We’d love to hear your plans for your brand!
So What To Do?
If your site wants a top ranking, then the strategy is twofold:
1. Prepare to pursue SEO goals for the life of your company or client
2. Start practicing good SEO today
More from SEOMOZ:
- Search is very, very popular. It reaches nearly every online American, and billions of people around the world.
- Being listed in the first few results is critical to visibility.
- Being listed at the top of the results not only provides the greatest amount of traffic, but instills trust in consumers as to the worthiness and relative importance of the company/website.
- An incredible amount of offline economic activity is driven by searches on the web
Build your pages for humans first
Use reasoned arguments based on the truth. Write your web copy using drama, interest, excitement, mystery and facts facts facts. Then, using your keyword analysis, carefully edit your copy to place keywords in the heads, bolded text, and body copy. Build the keywords into the page tags and various HTML attributes.